Friday, February 5, 2010

Previous builds

Listed here is a few of the first BIG things I had ever built:

The first thing is a bed I built for my sister. She is very interested in oriental stuff so I decided to design this bed in an oriental style with all of the angles. It has 4 drawers and a solid base for the mattress. It was painted black to go with the rest of the theme of her room being that everything is black and white.

olivias bed

When my wife and I got married, I built all of the tables for our reception that was held after we got back from our honeymoon. Two were built like in the picture with the recessed center section and they are 4'x8'. The rest of the tables were built as just 4'x4' squares. All the tables were stained a really dark brown called Espresso.

Photobucket

When my wife's sister asked if I could make a dutch door for her nursery, I thought it would be a good idea to practice by making one for my wife and my nursery. We oped to also add a little "baby" door to the bottom half. We painted it all white and the baby door green to match the colors of the room.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have also built a new bookcase for my wife. She designed it with the bookshelf and a china cabinet. I redesigned it to be a lot easier to build and what I think is more functional. It has since been painted white and looks wonderful in place.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is just a small amount of all the stuff I have built.

No comments:

Post a Comment